How Good is the 2022 Chevy Equinox Gas Mileage?
If you’re looking for a reliable SUV with phenomenal fuel economy for your Brookings drives, then you can’t go wrong with the new 2022 Chevy Equinox. The 2022 Chevy Equinox MPG reaches up to 26 city/31 highway with its standard engine. Find out more about the Chevy Equinox’s fuel efficiency, engine options, and state-of-the-art features with Brookings Auto Mall below!
2022 Chevy Equinox Gas Mileage
Brookings drivers only have access to one engine option on the 2022 Chevy Equinox, however, the engine is a high performance 1.5L Turbo 4-Cylinder. Whether you opt for FWD or AWD will marginally affect your Chevy Equinox fuel efficiency:
- 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder with AWD: EPA-estimated 25 mpg city/30 mpg highway
- 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder with FWD: EPA-estimated 26 mpg city/31 mpg highway
2022 Chevy Equinox Engine Specs
Not only does the Chevrolet Equinox boast impressive mpg ratings, but the 1.5L Turbo 4-Cylinder engine offers Sioux Falls drivers pulse-pounding horsepower and torque for your commutes and trips:
1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder Performance Specs
- 203 lb-ft of Torque
- 170 hp
- Maximum Towing Capacity: 1,500 pounds
2022 Chevy Equinox Fuel-Efficient Feature Highlights
The 2022 Chevy Equinox is one of the best vehicles on the market when it comes to maximizing fuel economy and that’s largely due to the cutting-edge technology provided on this year’s model. Some of the features you can take advantage of to avoid wasting even a drop of gas include:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS): Did you know that when one or more of your tires has too much or too little air, it can affect your fuel economy? The Equinox is standard-equipped with a TPMS that will tell you when your tire pressure is off, so you can rest assured you’re always traveling with a good grip on the road and without needlessly wasting fuel.
- Automatic Stop/Start: When you come to a complete stop with your foot on the brake pedal, under certain conditions the Equinox engine will shut off to save fuel. When you remove your foot from the brake, the engine automatically and instantaneously restarts. You’d be surprised by how much gas can be saved at long traffic lights with this standard feature! If you ever wish to turn off Automatic Stop/Start, it can be done by pressing the designated disable switch. At the beginning of the next ignition cycle it’ll automatically turn on again.
Explore the 2022 Chevy Equinox In-Person at Brookings Auto Mall!
If you’re ready to upgrade your Brookings drives with unrivaled 2022 Chevy Equinox MPG, then your next best move is to reach out to us here at Brookings Auto Mall today! Our dedicated finance team is ready, willing, and able to help you explore the commodious interior cabin and begin the virtual finance application process at your leisure. Just make sure to value your trade-in before stopping by the dealership so you’re all ready to put the money towards a down payment on your brand-new 2022 Chevy Equinox!
More from Brookings Auto Mall
A new GMC Sierra HD pickup truck can handle any Brookings job site task you can throw at it. With its impressive engine power and durability, the GMC Sierra 2500 towing capacity will help you get the job done right. But all that towing and hauling prowess doesn’t require you to give up the…
The Chevy Tahoe is a spacious SUV popular among drivers throughout Brookings and the surrounding areas. In addition to its generous dimensions, the Tahoe interior is equipped with modern features that contribute to comfortable and safe driving adventures. Learn about what the 2023 Chevy Tahoe interior offers to help determine if it’s the ideal…
The 2024 Buick Encore GX exudes sophistication and style, and true to the Buick brand, its interior is just as refined as its exterior. It comes fully equipped with an impressive array of cutting-edge technology to keep you safe and connected on your travels around Brookings. With plenty of room for your passengers, the…